- 02/09/2013 – a “mini-review” of Listening to Rain has been put up at the Fantasy Book Critic review site and has been added to the Forest of Reviews section of the Listening to Rain (Books) section on this website.
- An article, “Ghosts, Lovers, & Boundaries,” has been added to the Genre Writer’s Notebook as has my bio to the Author’s Archive section of this website.
- 11/03/12 – The first major review of Listening to Rain is in! From Midwestern Book Reviews (http://www.midwestbookreview.com/rbw/nov_12.htm#carson) - Short and Sweet:
- Listening to Rain
Albert A. Dalia
100 Enterprise Way, Suite A200
Scotts Valley, CA 95066
9781469901862, $13.17, www.aadalia.com
- China is broken by civil war, and the Emperor has empowered two to stop it from breaking further before it can be put back together. “Listening to Rain” is a novel of medieval China, as Tanzong and Li Wei travel south in the aboriginal lands to broker a peace and the other warlords of the region. Drawing on Chinese history and Tang dynasty culture, “Listening to Rain” is a choice and much recommended pick for fans of the setting and historical fiction with a tinge of fantasy, recommended.
- The Amazon.com page for Listening to Rain is now up! 6/23/2012 http://www.amazon.com/Listening-Rain-Adventures-Shaolin-Tanzong/dp/1469901862/ref=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1340473752&sr=1-9
- Listening to Rain, first volume in The Adventures of the Shaolin Blade Tanzong has just been published. It is immediately available here: https://www.createspace.com/3767847 ENJOY!!!! 6/19/2012
- I’ve added a lengthily article (13,000+ words!) on the xia in Chinese literature to the new Wandering Blades Blog – Archive. 5/28/2012
- An update to the progress of Listening to Rain. Final (really???!!!) revisions are due back at the end of this month, so we should have publication (fingers crossed) at the beginning of June. 5/28/2012
- Looks like that wasn’t the final draft for revisions! I hired an excellent proofreader and more changes! Looks like two more weeks of reformatting and changes – all minor stuff, but necessary. 4/30/2012
- Last night, I submitted the final (I hope) revisions to the Listening to Rain interior content file and sent it back to the publisher. I should get a proof copy of the book within a week and that one should be the final. At that point, Listening to Rain will be published and available on the CreateSpace eBook store and I will provide the URL for that once it happens. About a week after that, Amazon will create a place for it on the main Amazon.com site and a week after that it will be available in Kindle format – stay tuned!!!! 3/30/2012
- I’ve continued to add more materials to the site with sections in the Author’s Archives that include photo galleries and more information to all the BOOKS entries – including floor plans for the Flying Dragon Monastery in Listening to Rain. I’ve just given final approval to that novel’s cover and am awaiting the next digital interior proof. I’m still hoping we can get it out there by the end of the month. 3/12/2012
- I’ve added more content to the Listening to Rain menu: some of the book’s front matter and a map of the primary story geographic area. 3/10/12
- I’m continuing to add more to this website and will bring materials over from the old site and put some of them in ARCHIVES. 3/4/12
- I’m also starting (at some point) a new blog – A Genre Writer’s Notebook that will focus on all aspects of storytelling. I intend to have this take over from my Wuxia Novelist blog – but, again, this is all future stuff and I’m still groping my way about setting up my first WordPress website. 3/4/12
- As you can see, I’ve changed themes in my hunt for the “perfect” new Dragon Gate Inn theme – do let me know what you think via the Contact page. 3/3/12
- Listening to Rain news – seems the interior text proofing is going to take more time than I initially thought. Now looks like the end of March for publication. 3/3/12